Starting Out with Switches
Are you new to assistive technology? Have you been using switches with students but would like to update your skills and understanding?
In this webinar, Ian will explore the role of switches as an access method for young people with severe, complex, and profound additional needs.
Together we’ll explore:
• How switches contribute to the development of learning and communication skills.
• What you need to get started.
• Finding the right switch for a student to use.
• Assessing a student’s baseline skills.
• Setting target and monitoring progress.
Ian will also share teaching ideas and free software you can use at each stage of skills development.
This webinar is designed for anyone new to using switches to support students with access challenges and those who may be using switches but want to build their understanding and skills.
PD Centre subscribers can attend this and all other webinars absolutely free for 12 months. They also have access to our huge library of recorded webinars. A PD Centre subscription costs as little as £20.00 for an individual.