Young people with special needs face many difficulties in their life, using the computer shouldn't be one of them. This practical hands-on course provides a comprehensive overview of common assistive technologies and show they can be used to help overcome access difficulties.
We'll look at;
- Keyboards and alternatives.
- Pointing devices including mouse, roller-balls, joysticks, head mouse systems.
- Touch screens and interactive white-boards.
- Tablet devices including iPad.
- Eye gaze systems.
Participants on this course will;
- learn assessment techniques to help identify why a student is having access difficulties.
- gain knowledge of a wide range of assistive technology solutions.
- be able to offer solutions and on-going support to students with access difficulties.
This course can be delivered over a whole day or half day and is perfect for colleagues working directly with students who are experiencing physical, cognitive, sensory and perceptual difficulties. Participants will receive a comprehensive pack of hand-outs and other support materials including step-by-step guides and useful software.
For more information or to book this course for your school, please visit our CONTACT page.